Make your own deodorant and toothpaste!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
by Charlotte Nahley
The creation of a program at the makerspace for students to create their own deodorant and toothpaste to encourage sustainability and creativity as well as to help students cut costs.
Tools and Materials
- I found this recipe in this video - https://youtu.be/0bXofKySG4A (Ashley's Conscious Life
- Published on Feb 24, 2013) but I have some other videos I found as well.
- Recipe: “Homemade Deodorant”
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ coconut oil
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch/flour
- Zero Waste Toothpaste
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 15-20 essential oil